It is often the little tips or hacks that help us save time in the kitchen. Here are some simple tips that make cooking easier and enjoyable as well.
1. Dip a few bread slices in water, roll it into small balls and put it in the curries if they are too spicy or oily. These bread balls would absorb the extra spices or oil.
2. Keep the onion in fridge at least half an hour before chopping it as it wouldn’t make your eyes water.
3. Add some salt while sautéing onions as it help cooking the onions easily.
4. Add 2 -3 balls of wheat dough if the gravy is too salty. Boil them with the curry and take it out just before serving the dish.
5. Add cashew paste to make the gravy thick and delicious.
6. Adding a spoon full of yogurt while sautéing lady finger to prevent it from sticking on to the bottom of the pan and get burned.
7. Marinate the mutton slices in some papaya paste to make it tender and easier to cook as well.
8. Beat the curd well before adding it in curries to prevent forming lumps.
9. Add lukewarm water while grinding the coconut that was scraped right after taking it out of the fridge.
10. Add a few drops of vinegar in the water used to clean the fridge. It removes stains and stench and makes the fridge look shiny.