Being smart in the kitchen is very easy if you follow these simple tips. These tips are so easy and useful that you would need these in everyday life.
1. Cashew nuts can be blended smoothly if soaked in warm water for 10 minutes.
2. Milk does not curdle if a pinch of baking soda is added to it before boiling.
3. To the ice tray, put tender leaves of mint along with the water and use it for making lime juice. This will give a good look to the lemonade and also adds the flavour.
4. When you find it difficult to grate the coconut, microwave it for 2 to 3 minutes and remove it from the shell, then blend it in a mixer grinder.
5. Grind the grated coconut in the blender and then fry it. This makes the coconut to become brown soon.
6. Greasing the knife with butter while cutting the bread loaf, gives evenly smooth pieces. You can also heat the knife to cut the bread or cake without crumbling into pieces.
7. Frying little salt on the dosa tawa in the beginning and cleaning it using a cloth , helps in creating a non-stick surface for making dosa.
8. Putting the ice-cream serving bowls in the freezer for a while will help the ice-cream scoops from melting soon.
9. Do not put the mushrooms in water for long during cleaning, because the mushrooms absorb water.
10. Sprinkle some water on the hot idli vessel as soon as it is taken out of the steamer. Resting it for a few minutes would make it easy to separate the soft idlis from the vessel without breaking it apart.
11. Adding grated carrot and chopped coriander leaves in the ground urad dal while making uzhunnu vada would make it healthier and tastier.
12. Add half a teaspoon of baking soda while sautéing huge amounts of onions as it would help to sauté the onions pretty soon.
13. Scoring the potatoes all the way around the centre would make it easy to peel it when cooked.
14. Using ghee instead of oil to prepare the spice tempering for dal curry would make it delicious.
15. Roll the pomegranate, a few times, on kitchen counter top before peeling it. This would help to take out the seeds easily.
16. Adding a squeeze of lemon while grinding coriander or mint leaves helps to preserve its colour.