The Christmas and New Year celebrations are made extra special by toasting wine to each other's health and happiness. Red wine stored in mud jars should be stirred at a specific time, using a wooden spoon for 10 days. Here are a few points to keep in mind when the red wine is finally ready:
1. On the 10th day, open the sealed jar and stir well with a wooden spoon.
2. Drain the wine using a piece of clean muslin or cotton cloth.
3. It should be drained into glass bottles washed in hot water or into another mud jar.
4. After draining the wine, seal the bottle or jar with a piece of cloth. Keep these aside for 4 more days.
5. On the 4th day, drain the wine one more time.
6. The residue that settles on the bottom of the bottles too should be properly drained and squeezed to extract maximum flavour.
7. Store the wine in colourful bottles.
8. The bottles should be filled leaving some space for sealing with a cork.
9. This wine can be tasted on the same day itself.
The residue shouldn't be mixed with the wine while draining into bottles.
Wine should be stored in coloured glass bottles.
The bottles shouldn't be filled up to the brim. The wine should stay below an inch from the mouth of the bottle.