Cooking isn't as difficult as it seems, once you set a rhythm to it, find method in the madness! Here are 5 tips to bolster those cooking insticts.
1. Craving for softer rotis? The best bet is to add warm water to the flour while making the dough. Once done, put in an airtight container and leave for half-an-hour before rolling them out.
2. Going for dal curry? Lightly dry-roast the lentils before washing and cooking them, it doubles the flavor.
3. If you like to binge on nuts often, store them in the refrigerator instead of an airtight box outside. The humidity gets to them quickly, hence the low temperature helps in longer shelf life.
4. If you store fresh coriander leaves in the refrigerator, in an airtight plastic box with a paper napkin inside the box, it will stay fresh for a really long time.
5. And now for a tip when you go to the supermarket—always check the expiry date of the products, especially when there is a discount offer!