Here are the top ten places in Kerala where you can enjoy a lavish Onasadya during Onam along with your family.
1. Central Avenue, Kannur: Enjoy a sumptuous buffet lunch and a mouth-watering Onam Sadya at the multi-cuisine restaurant Casayo, Hotel Cental Avenue. The hotel is situated in Thavakkara and is roughly 300 metres away from the Kannur railway station.
2. Bharath Hotel, Thrissur: This hotel situated in Round South, Thrissur, could provide the ultimate feast for the vegetarian. Beware of the crowd that you would have to deal with each time you enter and exit.
3. Hotel Chaitram, Thiruvananthapuram: Release the foodie in you and drown yourself into the wonderful world of paysams and the traditional sadya at Hotel Chaitram situated at Thampanoor, Thiruvananthapuram.
4. Paragon – Mgrill, Kozhikode: An initiative of the Paragon group, M-grill is a rather popular 'concept' restaurant. Enjoy an Onamsadya at this restaurant located at the Focus Mall.
5. Sree Krishna Inn, Kochi: Situated on Warriam Road, Sree Krishna Inn is one of the most popular vegetarian restaurants in Ernakulam. Situated not more than 4 km from Ernakulam South railway station, this place offers a plethora of Indian and Kerala vegetarian cuisines.
6. Mascot Hotel, Thiruvananthapuram: The Mascot Hotel also offers its customers a 'yummy' onam experience, a rather elaborate spread of traditional Kerala dishes. The hotel is located on Cantonment House Road, Thiruvananthapuram.
7. Kadavu Resort, Kozhikode: This resort, situated near the NH 17, Calicut By-pass road, could add a unique flavour to your Onam celebrations with a scenic view of the Chaliyar river and is located amid 10 acres of coconut grove.
8. Hotel Hills Park, Pathanamthitta: This hotel is situated in Kumbazha road, just 1 km from Pathanamthitta Town. It's luxurious ambiance could add to the dining experience you crave for.
9. Bharat Tourist Home (BTH), Kochi: The Bharat Tourist Home is yet another hub for the vegetarian foodie. You could try experiencing all that is 'typically malayali' at this joint.
10. Mascot Beach Resort, Kannur: If you wish to enjoy a meal by the sea, then the Mascot Beach Resort would be the place you would like to go to this harvest season. Its multi-cuisine restaurant 'Sands' serves a variety of food including the traditional lunch on Weekdays.